Monday, March 23, 2009

Got Carbs?

I was getting caught up on all the food blogs I read, and I copied several recipes for future use. When I finished, I looked over the list of recipes and I noticed that all the recipes shared one thing in common - they were all carbs. Hmmm, it doesn't take a genius to know that I love carbs. Carbs, carbs, and more carbs. I love 'em!

Here are the recipes I copied:

Biscuits
Butternut Squash & Caramelized Onion Galette
Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Cream Scones
Migas - actually this doesn't qualify as a carb heavy dish. Ha!
Caramelized Onion & Goat Cheese Cornbread
Ginger, Lemongrass, and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Peppery Fast Feuilletee Rolls
Maple Pecan Ice Cream
Soft Pretzels

See what I mean? Sweets and breads. My two favorite things. Well, those and bacon. And milk. And cheese. Oh, this could go on.

And no wonder. Carbs come in all shapes, sizes, flavors, varieties, and are "happy" foods. They go with everything and range from easy to make to involved. Sweet or savory carbs are great.

A no carb diet would be my idea of torture. "No I won't tell you anything! Wait, you're going to deny me carbs? Nooooooo! I'll talk, I'll talk!" Besides, a no carb diet is impossible and not healthy. You could avoid carbs by eating eggs and bacon all the time, but then the cholesterol would kill you.

So as I look over this new list of acquired recipes, I know I'll have to make all of those over a good stretch of time. Too much of a good thing can also lead to an overdose.

I'll let you know what I make first. I have suspicion it will be biscuits since I have some leftover buttermilk in the fridge . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment